CHIGUMA MARUME (CV: SUBARU KIMURA)
“I want the rare (item)…I want the rare item…”
Tensho Academy 3rd Year
Birthday: July 15 (Cancer), 180cm/71kg (5′11″/157lbs)
Archeology Club Captain
Likes: anime, games
Dislikes: girls his age (??????)
Excellent at athletics, has a natural talent for music.
Has a quiet, mysterious charm, and the girls of Tensho Academy like him.
…but, the truth is, he’s a closet anime/game otaku.
Is weak against girls his age, enough to be unable to have normal conversations with them.
The Archaeology Club knows of his true nature, as well as a few of his classmates.
Was scouted by Washiho to join the Archeology Club.
Since the members are all guys (?), he works diligently and steadily.
MIKE ENJOUJI (CV: YUUKI ONO)
“That reminds me…there was a ‘leaked’ rumor about this place.”
Tensho Academy 2nd Year
Birthday: Feb.15 (Aquarius), 170cm/62kg (5′7″/137lbs)
Archeology Club member, Soccer Club member
Likes: Mon-tan (the octopus mascot they use in the site’s favicon), soccer
Dislikes: Insects, being called by his (first) name
Has a relaxed aura about him, gets along with people, teachers trust him.
But if things he don’t like happen, his personality switches completely into that of an S-type. He would start speaking poisonously.
Is childhood friends with Kai, who he always acts like an S-type towards.
Because he is weak against insects, he’s always making a big fuss during excavations/fieldwork.
He thinks his first name is too ‘cutesy’, so he doesn’t like to be called by name, and forces people to call him by his last name.
KAI AKIZUKI (CV: TAKUYA EGUCHI)
“It can’t be helped…okay then, here you go, open wide…”
Tensho Academy 1st Year
Birthday: November 16 (Scorpio), 188cm/77kg (6′2″/170lbs)
Archeology Club Vice Captain
Likes: making curry, simple tasks
Dislikes: being stylish (trendy things??), low doorways
Has a bright personality, works hard at everything.
Has always been together with Enjouji-san ever since kindergarten.
In class he is a beloved character, but he is very playful so he is slightly less popular than Chiguma.
Is no longer part of the basketball club, ever since Mike coerced him to join the Archeology Club instead.
His favorite food is curry rice, whether it be made from scratch or the instant type.
- T/N: These were taken off the original site! The original post was dated 03/28/15 though, so this is not the updated version.
- All that follows are the original translator’s notes I have on the original post! I tend to use quite a lot of those and sometimes they have sense in them (sometimes…) so I’ll be including them from here on out.
- THE PAGE QUOTES, OH MY GOD. Kai’s is the one where he feeds Chiguma burgers ‘cuz Chiguma won’t get his eyes off his game, and Chiguma’s is the one he says in response to Kai asking him why he isn’t eating properly.
- …I find it kind of funny that Chiguma’s weak against girls his age, especially since in his drama track he seems to get along with them pretty well, lol. (Or was that the reason why Enjouji was so focused on him not running away from the girls he met that day????)
- ENJOUJI BEING WEAK AGAINST INSECTS THOUGH. OH MY GOD. HE’D LIKE, TOTALLY, BE THE KIND TO STAND ON A TABLE AND STUFF????? OH MY GOD. NEVER CHANGE, ILU
- Kai, too. Seriously…the boy hates “low doorways”. Cuz he’s six-foot-two-friggin’-inches of sunshine and rainbows. Oh, dear.
- Also, some naming stuff!! ‘Mike’ = ‘three hairs’, and is also a way to refer to a calico cat (hence the “thinking is first name is too cute” thing), ‘Enjouji’ has the kanji for ‘circle city temple’ (the first kanji is the same one used on yen coins). ‘Kai’ = ‘worth/reward’, ‘Akizuki’ = ‘autumn moon’. ‘Chiguma’ = ‘a thousand bears’ (so that’s why he has a bear on his signature!!), ‘Marume’ = ‘round eye’.